Saturday, December 16, 2006

Little Gray Kitty


LIttle Gray Kitty
Originally uploaded by misseskwittys.
Hello Readers. Are we all ready for Christmas yet? lol...getting there. I have to admit, I get a little wrapped up in the craft business and, if I'm not careful, the home stuff gets pushed to the background. I'm terribly late with my Christmas cards! Lindsey has offered to help me with them (God, I love that girl!) so I thought we would make a pot of hot chocolate and some cookies--official card writing necessities--and work on them after church tomorrow.

I have met a gal, Leslie, who is the owner of a business called Alpha Stamps (check out her webstore--you're gonna love it!) who bought a little stuffed bunny of mine. She then asked if I would make her a kitty. The one pictured above is the final result of that. I tell you, I had such a good time designing and making the kitty. Years ago I used to make a lot of dolls, both cloth baby dolls and stuffed animal dolls. I had to put them on the back burner because of the time involved. Making the dolls takes a lot of time because I start with just an idea in my head, design the patterns, and then I stitch them entirely by hand. It is such fun, creative work! The sad part is that it is not cost effective because of the time involved--and people can go to a store and buy a machine made one for an eighth of what I need to charge for them. So, I rarely make them anymore. I have been thinking about trying out offering the patterns for a couple of them and seeing how that goes...I'll have to give that some more thought.

Well, I think things in my Etsy shop are starting to wind down a little. I've decided to offer a FREE SHIPPING UPGRADE on all orders over $25 from now until December 20th--you pay for First Class Shipping, which is stated in my listing, but I will upgrade your postage to Priority mail automatically! I am really good about getting things in the mail quickly so there is still time if you have something from my shop that you had your eye on for Christmas!

Thanks a lot to all my wonderful customers...you are all GREAT!! Hugs!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yet another beautiful project by you! I am so happy that you had such a stellar holiday sale season! You really knocked it out of the park!!

I hope that you and your family have a blessed and wonderful Christmas!! HUGS!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Pinky!! I hope your Christmas is blessed and wonderfilled too!!
Hugs!! Karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin