Monday, November 22, 2010

A Couple Old Favorite Recipes to Share

First of all---the lovely and sweet SouthernLady is sponsoring a Marketplace Monday--start your Christmas shopping now!! There are some really great things for those who love the cottage style!! Stop by :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I often get asked for my Sloppy Joes for a Crowd recipe...and I figure that, with all the office/friend/family parties that are coming up, these make a really good dish to bring to a pot luck . 


Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
5 lbs. hamburger
1 med. onion- chopped
Brown hamburger and onion.  Drain off fat and put in crock pot.

Add in:
2 cans Chicken Gumbo soup
2 cans Tomato soup
1 sm. can Tomato Sauce
2 T. white vinegar
1/4 c. Ketchup
1 T. yellow mustard
3 T. brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook until heated through, in the crock pot. It's even better if prepared the day before.





  (Here's a new little Notepad-n-Pockets wallet that I just listed.  These would make great little co-worker/teacher/pal gifts!)  Aren't  those Scotty dogs the CUTEST?!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for Dessert--an ice cream bucket of Dirt Cake.  I like to bring this in an ice cream bucket, that way I don't have to worry about my dish!

Dirt Cake for a Crowd

1 pkg. Oreo cookies--crushed ( I put them in a big ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush them)

2- 8 0z. cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
18 oz. Cool Whip (1 lg container + 1/2 small one)
3 boxes of French Vanilla instant pudding mix
3 3/4 c. cold milk
2 t. vanilla

1)  In a large bowl:  Cream together butter and cream cheese.  Blend in powdered sugar.  Fold in Cool Whip.

2)  Make the 3 packs of pudding with only the 3 3/4 c. milk.   Fold the pudding into the cream cheese mixture.

3)  Layer the pudding mixture and the cookies in an ice cream bucket (or nice glass bowl if you're feeling fancy!) 

I usually try and do about 4 or 5  layers, that gives you a good pudding/cookie ratio per scoop!~


And here's a pretty tag that I just finished this moring--it's listed in my Etsy shop!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh, I LOVE sloppy joes! Thanks so much for sharing your recipes. The new goodies are precious as always- I adore that scotty dog fabric :)

Stephanie said...

mmm sloppy joes! I bought a bunch of lean ground beef recently, I should totally bake up some buns and make sloppy joes.

Maria said...

Beautiful 'adore' tag - just like all your items!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Maria from Primitive Season :)

Lisa said...

Yummmmmy! And I love your felt birdies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin