Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bitty Birdy Bag


Cell Phone pouch
Originally uploaded by misseskwittys.
A lazy sunday around here today. Hubby is asleep on the couch with the basketball game droning away on the tv, the kids are upstairs playing quietly, and I am just sitting here wasting time on the comp. Feels kinda good, even though I can hear that pile of fabric that is sitting down on my cutting table, waiting to be made into bags, calling my name! I attempted to go down there and get some work done, but my heart isn't into it today--so I'm taking the day off!

I just made arrangements for some of my bags to be sold in a cute online specialty yarn shop-- The Loopy Ewe--and she wanted to go with a red/black color scheme for her first order. Sooo, I finally decided on and purchased some fabrics for them! I'm pretty excited about it and I hope they go well there. It will be nice to have another place to make stuff for besides my Etsy shop. Hopefully it will be a success for both of us. If you like to knit, you should check out her shop--it's really cute and she seems to be a very nice and friendly gal.

I made up this little pouch to give to Linds for her birthday--we got her a cell phone (she is gonna pee her pants with joy!) and I thought this would be cute for her to keep it in. I also made an extra one to put in my Etsy shop. It's just a little bag-- 6" x 3"--just perfect for a cell phone or ipod or just a little clutter catcher for your purse. She likes bright and colorful and funky things--so I think she is really gonna like this! I also got her a VERY lovely "something special" that Pinky designed especially for her. I will post pics after her birthday so you can all see how gorgeous!

We are coming along very nicely on the stairs too. I will take pics this week some time and show you all the progress! I do believe we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

OH, I've been on pins and needles waiting for her birthday!! I love the new bag and I just know how excited she is going to be about getting a cell phone. Heck, I'm 30 and I got excited when hubby got me mine!!

HUGS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how many bags you've made!!! you are just fabulous :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!!! Me too Pinky! She is gonna love BOTH of her gifts! Yeah! I am excited, because I got a cell phone too (only I can't use it until Linds gets hers! I ended up getting one of those family share plans for her and I). Well, tomorrow is the big day--I will be sure to let you know how she likes her beautiful jewelry!
Smiles, Karen

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Jen--you are a sweety! :-D

Junie Moon said...

What a great idea to put the cell phone in that cute little bird bag. And it's rather funny in that I imagine her chirping away on her phone--just like a little bird singing to its friends in Spring.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL June!!! I love that! Now, whenever I see Linds gabbing on her phone, I am going to envision a little bird chirping away! :-D Yeah!
Smiles!

Joni said...

I love your bags Karen- they are great. I can't wait to hear what Linds thinks of her new phone. You have to let us know!

Carrie said...

WELL???? How was the birthday??? I'm dying to know!!!!

:P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin