Sunday, February 25, 2007

Scotty Dogs and Heaps of Snow

It is snowing!!! Finally! We woke this morning to find a winter wonderland, it was beautiful. Yeah!! I am thankful to have a young, strong son to do the shoveling!

Not too much going on today--it's the wind-down day. The kids go back to school tomorrow, after their 9 day hiatus. It was fun to have them around the house. BUT, it will be good to get back to the regular schedule again too.

I finished up a few new items and managed to get pictures taken this afternoon. I'll be adding them to my Etsy shop here and there. Check out this darling Scotty Dogs embroidery--don't you just love it? The naughty little pups have gotten into the mending basket! I just love vintage Aunt Martha's! I combined it with fresh and fun cherries and red and white dots to make a darling drawstring tote. I took the advice of some of my lovely blog readers, and made this one big enough to hold WIP's. It is 10" x 15", so you can fit a pattern book, or magazine, or notebook---OR it is tall enough to hold your knitting needles and your project. What is really cool with the drawstrings is that it leaves a little hole in the top when you close it, you can just run your yarn out the hole, close it up, and knit away without worrying about your yarn getting away from you! I also added a couple of good size pockets to the other side of this bag. It can be found in my Etsy shop!

I did a little search on Etsy to see what other little scotty dogs items I could find--here are a few!

A darling little Scotty Dog pin by Tikup
Black and White Scotty Brooch by AmelietheQuaint
A needlebook and pincushion set by JennMaruska
And even some Scotty Dogs underwear! by Swoon

5 comments:

Heather said...

UUUmmm, that is adorable. I really like the little naughty dogs...

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thank you hmbt! Being a bad kitty I think it's kinda funny that you like naughty dogs, LOL!!
Smiles, Karen

Junie Moon said...

I love the Scotty bag--it's so cute!

Jenn Maruska said...

I love the new bag! Great size : )

Thanks so much for including my little Scotty dogs!

Jenn : )

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks June!

Thanks Jenn! You are so welcome--your little scotty dogs are so cute! just like the rest of your stuff :-D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin