Monday, March 12, 2007

Pretty Purple Tissue Holder

Isn't this a beautiful purple and just a cute fabric? I really like it, and I'm not really a purple person usually. Anywhoo--it's the newest little tissue holder that I listed in my Etsy shop--you can find a pic of it on the right sidebar and get it for your very own if you want!! :-D

This month month marks the THIRD anniversary of when I quit smoking!! Yeah! 3 years, WOW! At one time, I didn't think I would ever be able to do it. I was just reading a blog earlier, Cozy Etsy , where the author is still in the process of quitting. I can so remember how hard it was some days. I think that having coffee in the morning and driving in the car were the 2 hardest times for me. In fact, this is really weird, but I still sometimes will drive by someone who is smoking in their car, and my mouth will water! ROFL Isn't that crazy?! I am very happy to be a non-smoker, and I hate the smell of cigarettes now, but my mouth will still water once in a while for one--- God help me! LOL That is a powerful addiction! So, just a word of encouragement for anyone who is trying to quit or is just thinking about it--DO IT!! If I can do it, anyone can, really. Just remember to be kind to yourself, cigarettes are just like a drug, and your body has to go through the withdrawal, and ask our Lord to help you, and you will get through it all right.

Oh, I had such a good time at the birthday party yesterday!! The kids were so cute and I had fun playing and talking with them! I am so kicking myself in the pants because I forgot to bring my camera with!!! I HATE when I do that! Here is a pic of them from last summer, just so you can see their cute little faces!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for three years of smoke free! That is a major accomplishment. I'm coming up on four years myself.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Mrs.Kwitty! I am an ex smoker too so I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Congrats on your non-smoking anniversary, that really is amazing!

I think it took me about 4 or 5 good years to finally forget smoking...all aspects of it. If I was to pick up a cigarette now, you'd be surprised that I at one time smoked. You know how non-smokers always hold there cigarettes kinda funny?! ;) Well that'd be me now at this stage.

I'm so happy that I'm finally at the point where it NEVER enters my mind. I LOATHE the smell of cigarette smoke and I can't be around them at all now. YAY!

Oh, so happy for you! :)

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hi felicia--thanks for stopping by!! Yeah for 4 Years!! It IS a major accomplishment--and the only people who really appreciate that are the ones who have done it. Thanks!
Smiles, Karen

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Amber! LOL about how non-smokers hold their cigs! Too true. I'm glad that you quit-I'm glad that I quit-I'm glad that felicia quit! LOL Now if I could only get my hub to quit....(I know, you can only quit if YOU want to, and he is not there yet, unfortunately)
Smiles, Karen

Carrie said...

I'm still a smoker :( I just haven't gotten to that point yet where I want to quit bad enough to do it. I had quit for about 6 months but my boss quit her job and confessed committing multiple felonies to me and left me to run a business all on my own. I started back.

I am SUPER proud of you!! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud, too. My dad quit smoking 2 months ago after smoking for 32 years!!! Here's hoping he stays that way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin