Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Joe!

Special day in our home--it's my baby boy's birthday. He's sweet 16--and let me tell you, he really enjoys it when I call him "baby boy" lol Usually I call him "Bean" but told him, since he is so old now, I'm gonna have to change it to "B-dog". I'm glad he has a weird sense of humor (like his Mom!). He did not want to come into this world--I was in labor with him for 31 hours! Yup, that is not a typo. A fact I like to remind him of on his birthday and other days of the year when the occassion merits it! When he FINALLY emerged, after MUCH effort, he wasn't breathing! Scared the hell out of me. They had to work on him for a bit, but finally we heard that little cry, the most beautiful sound in the world. He's always been a very smiley little guy--he still smiles easily.Here's another of my smiley little guy, all fresh from the tub and ready for bed.This is one of my favorite shots of him. We brought him to the hub's uncle's house on the farm and Joe had so much fun running through the corn field! This shot was of him as he came running out of the end of the row.

In 7th grade at his first violin recital.

My handsome young man around his birthday last year. I like that this pic shows his gray eyes. Oh, did I mention, he has beautiful gray eyes.

Here he is in his ROTC drill ceremony. And, last but not least, I shot this pic of the kids right as they were headed off to school this morning. Happy Birthday Joe--you have brought much joy to our lives and we love you very much!!

11 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

Aww Happy Birthday Joe! My baby boy, Walker Grey, turned 13 on Monday! I can't believe he's a teenager already!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to your Joe--he's quite a handsome young man. Our kids grow so fast, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Joe! Very handsome son!! I enjoyed your blog!

Kristi said...

Though my little guy is just two, this post made me a little misty. Often I think and dream about and even predict what he will be like when he is a young man. I hope he turns out as special as yours. Happy birthday to Joe and blessings to you on this special day.

Dinah said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Joe! He's a handsome young man. You have two beautiful children Karen. And I'll bet you can't believe they're nearly grown can you?!? Where do our precious little ones go so fast?

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

wish him a happy birthday for me! :-) my bday is on Saturday! :-)

Jenn Maruska said...

What a good lookin' family!

Wish him a Happy Birthday from all of your blog friends! : )

Betty said...

Happy Birthday to your Joe! Soon he'll be driving??!!

Amy said...

Love the baby pictures! He is a handsome guy. Happy birthday!!!!!
I'm with you girl friend on the LONG labor!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks all for the love and "happy birthdays" I passed them along to Joe! You are all so sweet--big smooches to you!
Smiles, Karen

Unknown said...

Woo woo! Happy Birthday, Joe! You have some great younger shots! You are one good lookin' 16 year old! My son is going to be 13 in October. I can see from some of your casual poses that he's got a little bit of that going on. Most importantly, you are a blessing to your parents! Do have an incredible Birthday week!

KJ from California

Blog Widget by LinkWithin