Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Here Comes the Bride

Hello friends! Not too much to report today--been working on the Loopy order (yes, still!) I tried so hard to find a particular fabric for them--but I'm now convinced that there is no more of it left on this planet! lol So I had to go and find another fabric that goes with the one I did manage to find, yada yada yada--finally found something! This is my newest little creation--isn't it cute?!! I was lucky enough to find an old Good Housekeeping from 1952--and ran across this darling bride doll and just HAD to do something with it! Total girly pink rosy glittery vintagey goodness. I was thinking that this would make a really cool wedding shower gift for the shabby chic type gal! Or a doll collector! or......(stop me, I could go on all day! lol)

The remodelling is coming along well. We've got the big doorway done, two of the regular ones done, and the other regular one has been heat gunned and had one coating of zip strip--I think one more will do it. That will only leave the piano window and the stripping will be done. Do you see now why we left this room for last? All those doorways and a window in one teeny tiny little room! lol

I was just looking around on Etsy and found JennMaruska's new project bags--they are so cute (and made to perfection in true JM style!) You have to check them out!

Well, I have to get to bed--I'm a bit wiped tonight. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon!
Smiles, Karen

9 comments:

Carrie said...

What a cute little doll! You come up with the best ideas! And I thought I was going to FAINT when I saw that monkey bag!! I LOVE MONKEY'S!! Oh, I may have to have that little bugger!

HUGS and hope you are having a good one. (maybe today will be the day you set a new shop record!! fingers crossed!)

Anonymous said...

Cutie little bride! Monkey bag? I didn't look yet. Maybe I had better.

Jenn Maruska said...

Mrs. Kwitty - that is the sweetest little bride collage. That would make a lovely gift!

Thanks so (sew!) much for the bag shout out! That's so nice of you : D

Jenn Maruska said...

Oh - and I used your iron-on transfer pencil tip for the embroidery on the bag. Worked like a charm! You're the best!

Georgia Peachez said...

Hi Karen, I just this and had to have her! I love my other collage so much, they will go great together in my studio. I picked out some other fabulous pretties too! I LOVE your creative genius! xo, suzy

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Pinky---It happened!! yeah! Hugs.

Thanks Jenn--and you are welcome! I love the new bags! Glad the transferring method worked out for you.

Thanks so much Suzy!! I'm so glad that this special collage will be going to you!! Yeah! You're a real sweety :o)

Dinah said...

That is the cutest little bride. A spring bride would love that I'm sure!

Diana said...

Very, very, very cute. Love all the pink and innocence. If they only knew what becomes of you after the honeymoon. Ha. Just kidding.

xox
Diana

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

How adorable!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin