Saturday, September 03, 2011

Studio: Inspiration?

Getting ready to take some product shots, and had to stop and smile at my little studio friends!!  Aren't they sweet?  The darling little black cat on the end is my Ralphy...a gift from the talented Theresia of StrawberriesandCream on Etsy.  

Hello!  This is a bit of a wider shot of what I look at when I sit on the craft side of my studio (the other side is for sewing, but it's so piled up with STUFF right now that I can't even look at it! lol)  I'm always inspired by all the little goodies in those drawers and containers.

~~ Imagine ~~
Lately I've been inspired by some wonderful old magazines and catalogs that I found while cleaning my studio (well, some might call it cleaning, or attempting to clean ...we'll just leave it at that! )!  I usually start cleaning and then find something cool and have to stop and create something with it!  You know, strike while the  iron is HOT!  (it's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).  Like this great line drawing of two people dancing that I found in an old 1914 issue of Modern Priscilla magazine and this scalloped chipboard.  Pretty cute, don't you think?

1914 Pattern for Girl's Frocks

AND these wonderful pattern illustrations were also found in that same magazine!!  OH MY GOSH I love these!   I mounted this to a black matboard and added some pretty punched sheet music borders.

Well, I guess I had better go and finish "cleaning".  *big silly grin*
Have fun with your crafting....be inspired ♥♥♥

3 comments:

mimi'sdarlins said...

Sweet pics! Thanks for giving us a peek of your workspace...now I can picture you creating your little works of art :)

Cottage In The Sun said...

I love those illustrations!! So cool! And your work area looks so organized - I don't even want to look at mine lately! :)

Firecracker Kid said...

I always like to see what inspires others. Cute lil supervisors you've got there;-) Love your paper creations! I wish I had that talent. You're good m'lady!
Hugs~Carol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin