Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ahhh...Crafting again.


Ahhh...I was able to get down in my craft room and work on a couple things this week. I have been working on the fish, I'm turning it into a purse, but it is a very challenging project so far and so I put it aside and worked on a couple other things. The first one is this mail and key rack. It turned out so pretty, you should have seen it before! It was painted that real fakey blue and white with a big sticky spot on the front of the pocket (you can just bet there was a goose sticker on there), and it needed some repair work done to it. Anyways, I fixed it all up, sanded, and painted it with this beautiful vintage green paint that I custom mixed up for it. I then collaged it with some vintage looking florals, stamps, and lettering. Added some hooks for hanging your keys. TaaaDaaa! LOL I especially like the paper that I found for the top of it, a little bird with a letter in it's beak...just perfect. I also worked on some hang tags. I found these old pictures of crappies and thought they would be great for hangtags for Father's Day...and what is really funny is that I can call them "Crappie Tags"! Isn't that a hoot?!! I put both of these items up on my Etsy shop, swing by and have a look. Don't forget to nose around a little while you are there...Etsy is so much fun and there is so much to look at there.

Tomorrow is the last day of school, the kids are excited, to say the least! My son will head off to high school next year, it hardly seems possible. I know, all parents say this, but it seems like such a short time ago that I helped him put on his little backpack and sent him off to school. We are very blessed to have the school so close to home (only 2 blocks as the crow flys, its right across the park) and the school goes from Kindergarten to 8th grade. Then the high school is about a mile and a half from home and that goes from 9th to 12th grade.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin