Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Checkin' In

I don't have any pics to post today. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let too many days go by without posting something on the blog...and with the way time flies by, that means I really have to pay attention! I've been busy making things for gifts, family, and charity and haven't been able to create new items for my Etsy shop. It's a bummer but it does get like that sometimes. We have a big Fall Festival at church every Sept. and I always like to donate a bunch of craft items for them to sell. I've been working on a bunch of keychains this year and some tote bags. Then, my sis-in-law asked me to do some sewing for the family cabin...she wants a slipcover for the couch and some curtains for the kitchen, so I have been busy with that too. It's good to be busy. I have been really trying to advertise the Etsy shop as best as I know how. I know it is crucial if it is to be a success. Not really very good so far, I've only sold 3 things. I am trying not to get discouraged and give it a little time...it seems like I have a lot of people looking but not so much buying. I have to keep reminding myself that I really do this stuff because I love it, not just to make money. I've even been thinking about starting to do some of the summer shows, not just the fall and winter ones. I make a lot of sales at the shows. The biggest problem with that is that it really cuts down on my creative playing...you just have to find what sells and then make a bunch of them. Not really that satisfying...makes it a chore instead of a joy. Wow!!! that got bluesy real fast! I sure didn't mean to sound all bummed out...I really am very happy and I love my family and get a lot of joy from my crafting and sewing. It is interesting what will come out when you just sit down and type without doing too much thinking...just let it flow. Hmmmm, very interesting! Thanks for letting me ramble on and on. I will have some new stuff to show very soon. In the meanwhile...visit Etsy and spread the word!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin