Here's my Dad, my little niece, and I after fishing one day.
3) I have hated canteloupe my whole life--I couldn't even stand to have someone eating it near me because the smell would turn my stomach. Now, in the last 6 months, I all of a sudden LOVE it. Yup, I eat it almost every day. Weird huh?
4) I have really scattered musical tastes--and listen to a wide variety of stuff. A while back Jenn asked me what I listen to while crafting (because I had mentioned that I like to listen to loud music and sing along while I craft)--and I kept meaning to jot it down and reply, but I kept spacing it! So I just went and checked (I have one of those 6-pack cd stereos, so this is what is in my 6-pack right now)
***Susan Tedeschi, Hope &Desire (excellent!!!) I love her. I almost always have one of her CD's in the 6 pack (I have 3 different ones!)
***James Taylors Greatest Hits- I just got this about a week ago, it's very good and mellow. He has a really good blues song on there, "Steamroller", that totally kicks butt!
***Audioslave-this one will definitely wake you up! Chris Cornell has one of the best male voices EVER.
***Everlast, Eat at Whitey's--really good mixture of pop, blues, and rap--hard to explain, but it's really good and I'd recommend it for sure!
***John Mayer, Continuum--great! His song "Gravity" is soooo good! Even though I do find it amusing that a young man is singing that, it sounds like it is better suited for a middle aged woman! lol
***Paul Simon, Negotiations and Love Songs--OK--who doesn't love Paul Simon, and this one has all the good songs on it!
5) Even though I have been crafting for a long time--half the time I am still amazed that things turn out when I design a pattern for them! I used to do a lot of dolls, animal and people dolls--and even though I can't draw worth a carp, I would start off with one of my odd drawings and start cutting fabric--and end up with this cutey doll! Shocking! I quit making dolls because there is really no market for them around here--I would bring them to the craft fairs and people loved them, but wouldn't pay for them. They are so time consuming but you can't get paid at all for your time, sadly, so I had to quit and move on to things that were quicker to make. Now that I found Etsy--I may have to go back to them....hmmmm...
One of the Baby Dolls I've made
6) I can't sleep enough!! LOL I snore. I toss and turn a lot and get that restless leg thing. I grind my teeth. I used to have terrible insomnia, but I seem to be better, now that menopause has hit. I have to have fans blowing on me or I won't sleep (I need that white noise and the moving air).
7) I was once in a boat with my exBIL and SIL and their 2 kids, on a really windy day and the lake was all choppy. Another boat came whipping by us and between the choppy waves and the wake the other boat left, our boat capsized. The boat went under water and popped up about 15-20 yards from where we went down. Everyone was in full clothing, as it was a cool fall day. I looked for the kids first thing and saw that they both were in a panic and flailing around--and I grabbed the one that was closest to me and swam her over to the upside down boat and told her to hang on. I then looked and saw that my BIL was trying to keep both his wife and his other daughter above water, and they were both in a full fledge panic! They were grabbing him and almost drowning him too. So, I had to swim back to where they were and they both started clutching at me too! I finally got their other daughter from the back, with my arm around the top of her shoulders, and after much struggling, got her swam over to the boat too. Luckily, at that point, another boater realized what had happened and came by to pick us up. A close call!
8) I get really freaked out sometimes about how fast time goes by--it just seems so crazy!
Well, there you go, how random can you get?? LOL I really can't think of anyone that I know that hasn't been tagged yet (and it gets hard after a while to think of things! lol) BUT, if you want to, please go ahead and write one up!! Let me know so I can go and read it. Bye.