Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Exploding Boxes and Happy Dancing

First, the HaPpY DaNcInG!! One of my favorite blog sistahs--JennMaruska--had a birthday a couple days ago!! Yeah, Happy Birthday Jenn!! And she did a drawing for some sewing stuff in honor of her birthday--and guess who won it?? Yup! I'm so excited! Thanks Jenn! I'll be sitting by my mailbox if anyone needs me. :-D






Yup...exploding box--sounds exciting and a little scary doesn't it? LOL Like a dummy, I forgot to take pictures of the exploding box I made for my niece's grad gift, and I had told Ang of Norththreads (where I got the directions) that I'd post pics. Anyways, I made some of that delicious dirt cake to bring to the last picnic we went to, and my niece wanted the recipe...so I swapped with her! She takes pics of the box and sends them to me, and I'll send her the recipe! Win, Win. My box isn't as nice as the ones that Ang makes, but I thought it was pretty good for a novice scrapper like myself :-) Thanks Ang!!

And, just cuz' I love you all so much--here's the Dirt Cake recipe too--now watch out, this is ridiculously fattening and devilishly delicious and kids go nuts for it!!

1 pkg. Oreo cookies (put in a big ziplock and smash!--get the kids involved, they love this part!)

In a mixing bowl cream together:
2- 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese--softened
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened

Add: 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
and mix well.

Fold in:
16 oz. Cool Whip (1 large container and 1/2 a regular container)


In separate bowl combine with a whisk:
3 pkg. (3.5 oz. pkg) french vanilla pudding
3-3/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Fold the pudding mixture into the cream cheese mixture.

Layer in big bowl or ice cream bucket--pudding, cookies, pudding, cookies!

This would be cute with gummy worms on the top of the "dirt"!!




This is one of my favorite artists--Susan Tedeschi--singing a really great tune

9 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

thanks for the info! i need to try that recipe! my wee ones love oreos and i never buy them. i think they may have a sugar od if i made it at this point!

Jenn Maruska said...

Hey - congrats on your win! I'll be looking through my fabric stash for some pink and aqua goodness to send your way : )

Oh - that cake sounds soooo good.

Yummy!

Unknown said...

The box idea is wonderful. I teach paperarts and this idea launched some inspiration for me! I enjoy your blog!

I am new to blogging and love it! My name is Karen, too. I'm 49. Check out my site. I am having a Web-Warming Party with a Starbucks giveaway!

Blessings to you!

Betty said...

That box is so cool! I am going to have to try to make one. It looks complicated to me!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' those exploding boxes! Thanks for the dirt cake recipe! My kids will love it!

Morrgan said...

Congrats on winning! That cake sounds delicious, I'll have to see if I can find Finnish substitutes for some of the ingredients. =)

Anonymous said...

Karen- I got Mortimer today!!!!! yippee! He is gorgeous! I love him! The little sweet stuff you added was so nice and I love, love, love the flower trim!!!!!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Heidijayhawk--ahh--let the little bugger have some sugar (give them all mops and dustrags and let them go crazy! lol)

Thanks Jenn!! I can't wait! :-D

kj--thanks for stopping by! I love your blog and added you to my bloglist so I can go back and read some more!

Hi Betty! It really wasn't very complicated at all--just time consuming. Angela really wrote the tutorial in an easy to understand way. Good luck and let me see some pics if you decide to tackle it!

Thanks amyelise! I'm sure the kids will love it!

Thanks morrgan! Good luck finding the ingredients :')

Yeah Kim!!! I'm so happy he made it to his new happy home :-) I KNEW you would love that flower trim--isn't it cool?!! A thrift shop find, yeah!

CRAFTS FROM THE HEART said...

nice box, I have to try that

Blog Widget by LinkWithin