Monday, August 13, 2007

And the Winner is.....

Hello! I suppose you are all dying to know who won the drawing! Linds and I DID do the drawing last night, but I was a little too tired from the weekend to write up a post and thought I would wait until this morning when I was more fresh and alert!

And the winner is.....Dinah!! Yeah! I already have your address Dinah, so I will just pack up your goodies and send them off to you. Thanks to all of you who entered and left such sweet thoughtful comments--((HUGS)).

I just finished up this new collage and got it listed in my shop this morning. A nostalgic piece made with these cute-as-can-be vintage net butterflies (which I've had for a long time but they are almost too cute to use, know what I mean?!) I wanted to make sure they were used in a proper project that would show off their beauty! I found some old McCall's crafts magazines in my last trip to the antique shop--"Grand Avenue Treasures"--and found this image in an issue from 1952. I really like the effect the numbers have on the texture of it. I added a little bit of mini rick rack (surprise!) lol, and a really nice and sparkly vintage rhinestone button. The tinsel around the edges really adds to the nostalgic feel, don't you think? It's framed under glass in a cute little shadowbox frame that I painted a nice cream color .

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that sweet little collage! Another Mrs. Kwitty Pretty!

Oh happy day!
kj

Jenn Maruska said...

Congrats to Dinah!!!

Betty said...

That collage is cute! Love the little butterfly.

Amy said...

OOOOOOOOO!!! That shadow box goodie is just THE MOST!!!
Amy

Katherine said...

Congratulations Dinah!
I'm happy to have found your blog Mrs. Kwitty.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks KJ---I like that "Mrs. Kwitty's Pretty"!! :-)

Hi Jenn!

Thanks Betty!

Oh! Thanks a lot Amy!

Thank you katherine--I'm glad you stopped by! I am going to go and see yours now!

crimsoncat05 said...

this is darn cute! have fun at the cabin!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin