Sunday, August 05, 2007

Something smells good around here.



Ok--a couple things actually! Ever since I started having a shop at Etsy--I love to go and check the mail! lol I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. It's not just the Etsy shop, but that is when I started blogging too and meeting all you wonderful people! It's so nice to not just have BILLS in the mailbox all the time--now there is even fun and wonderful stuff in there once in a while.

Friday, I opened up my front door and was treated to the most lovely smell wafting from my mailbox! I had ordered some french lavender buds from POPKO at Etsy and there they were! Yeah. Just lovely--very aromatic and pretty! Not like the crushed and dried up old lavender that I always see around here. Plump, colorful, and smells like heaven. I ran right downstairs and put into action a little idea I had rolling around in my mind for a few days.....

I made a little sachet with that gorgeous vintage trim that I recently acquired. So soft and sweet. I took pictures of it hanging on the pretty little cabinet I found to put in my new staircase--isn't it lovely there? I need to make one for us--this cabinet just looks bare without it! It's listed here .

I finished up this totebag just this morning before church. I'm very pleased with it--a medium weight khaki canvas base with a cute patchwork band in greens and pinks and a little vintage rick rack, of course! (what's a bag without rick rack??) Here's my darling teeny tiny daughter modelling it for the pictures. She sure makes it look big! Oddly, it looks much smaller when I carry it! LOL It's in my shop if anyone is interested.

I'm happy to have Linds back home. She had a great time at the cabin and she came home bragging about all the fish she caught! Tanned and tired, and a little homesick. She's such a joy, and it's nice to hear her laughing and teasing her brother around the house again.

Well, I have some dark bananas in the kitchen just waiting to be turned into some banana nut bread--mmmm, some more yummy smells coming right up!

18 comments:

Home ec new Haven said...

I had to laugh, Karen.... I have a teeny teen that makes my totes look huge too and incredibly they shrink when I hold them too. lol
Beautiful post today :)

LazyTcrochet said...

Lovely sachet! Great rickrack tote too. I just found a huge roll of old white/somewhat stained rickrack....I think it's gorgeous!

Rebecca said...

Your stuff is so cute! I've seen you all around leaving comments and FINALLY got you listed on my bloglines. Why am I so slow at things?? :) Really, you have a great talent for putting colors and fabrics together!

Anonymous said...

The sachet is super cute, and I love the tote...

You have such a beautiful daughter!

My kids are very young, but I often wonder what it'll be like to have teenagers around.

Joni said...

Gorgeous sachet Karen-- I can smell the lavender from here!!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

love the new items! mmmm, lavender is one of my faves!

Jenn Maruska said...

Cute tote!

And you have a beautiful daughter : )

Heidijayhawk said...

etsy rocks!!! and takes all of my money!! love the new bag and the model is really sweet!

iSew said...

I love that tote Misses Kwitty. It's so cute and simple. It does look huge though, lol

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Carol. Sigh, I remember when I used to make totes look big! lol

Thanks lazyt. Ohh, good score on the rick rack! I think it's gorgeous too when it shows a little wear--gives it character. A huge roll huh? Lucky!

Hi Rebecca--thanks for the nice compliments! I've seen you around too :-) There are so many good blogs out here in blogland--and my list gets bigger all the time! lol Just so many interesting and talented people--yourself included!

Thanks christina!!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hi Joni! (how you doing hun?) Thanks, doesn't it smell great?!!

Thanks Bonny! Me too, and this lavender is sooo aromatic, I love it!

Thanks Jenn! and I'll pass your compliment on to Linds :-)

Thanks heidijayhawk!--Go etsy!! yeah!

Thanks iSew! LOL, it really is just a regular size--perfect for magazines and books, but it really does look HUGE on Linds!! Cracks me up!

Junie Moon said...

I love lavender, too--it is so very scrumptious! I think you saw the recipe for the lavender laundry detergent I made on my Flickr site. You use lavender essential oil for that as opposed to the flower buds but it smells ever so lovely on laundry day.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh yeah June--thanks for reminding me..I was planning on making some of that!
Smiles!

Dinah said...

Great looking tote Karen. I especially love the lavender sachet. That is so very pretty. And you've got a beautiful daughter too!

Jodi Ohl said...

I'm sure the beautiful tote would look dainty on me, too.. LOL

Would you believe some hooligan tore down my mailbox??? pulled the pole right out of the ground, bent the whole thing and through it in the soy bean farm. Now what if something wonderful was coming to me in the mail?? Hmmph! LOL. I was boiling about that, cuz I won't be able to fix it until this weekend! At least there wont be any bills for a few days.. ;)

lucy

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thank you Dinah! I will pass your compliment on to my darling daughter, lol!!

Thanks Lucy. Dang hooligans! Oh, I'll bet you're mad! I just don't get random destructiveness--such a stupid thing to do *shaking head*. Shame on them!

Amy said...

She's a true beauty.
I'll vote for - the bag secretly shrinks when you hold it!!!!!!

Oh and I love the quilt in the background. I have pillows that my Grandma Bubbles made like that pattern.
Amy

shopPOPKO said...

thank you for adding my name to this great blog! I can smell those pretty sachets from here too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin