Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Etc. and so forth

I finished up a few new coasters last night as we watched "America's Got Talent" . There are 2 more of the Shabby Chic roses ones (I added a felt backing to these so I have to retake the pics before I can post them)--blogfriends get first dibs--if you want one, let me know before I list it and I'll save it for you. I listed this pink terrycloth one yesterday --I really love the buttons--such a nice vintagey addition to the look!
And this morning I listed this one--Flora's in the Pink. They are both in my Etsy shop--swing on by if you're interested.

So Jenn, in answer to your question about what to do with the unspooled ribbon--here's what I do. I will usually save the empty spools and put the longer pieces of loose ribbon on them. For the rest, I wind them on cardboard--in color sets, like this:And these cardboard pieces get put on end in a plastic box. Then there are the little bits of ribbon, usually under 6", and they just get tossed into a big ziplock which I hang from a nail in the rafters right above my head! lol Easy for grabbing to find that little bit of ribbon for a hang tag or collage or whatever. It's all very high tech *grin*.


Here's another one of my favorite organization tools--those old jewelry boxes. I cannot pass them up at thrift shops! Nice little compartments, they are lined in pretty colored satin, and they usually have a nice little drawer on the bottom (don't you just LOVE things with drawers?) Then they fold down so nice and look really cute sitting on your shelf!! I have this nice medium sized one that I keep all my little flowers, charms, paper bits, ephemera, pins, etc. in :
I have another one--a much larger one (in fact, it is the biggest one I've ever seen! I found it at an estate sale and it was $10--which is much more than I would usually spend on one--but I had to have it!) and that one is home to all my stamp pads and misc. larger stamps that don't fit in my silverware sorter.


14 comments:

Dinah said...

Great idea with the jewelry box Karen! (I hope you're feeling a bit cooler this week too.)

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Oh, that's a CUTE little bird on the coaster!

Kristi said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love looking at (and drooling over) all of your new creations!

Jenn Maruska said...

I'm taking notes..... ; )

Heidijayhawk said...

i am a trim junkie so i totally admire your trim and ribbon obsession..um i mean...collection!! awesome coasters!

Junie Moon said...

Your creative projects are so adorable! I appreciate the ribbon organization ideas, too. My ribbon collection is taking over my house and I'm beginning to wonder if they're going to creep into my bedroom, wrap around my neck, and then choke me to death while I sleep--poor ol' neglected things (and poor me if the ribbons succeed).

LazyTcrochet said...

Great ideas...I'll have to search for some jewelry boxes!

Unknown said...

How fun! Right now my ribbons are stored in glass jars mostly because they look pretty, but your method is definitely more practical.

Years ago, I learned the figure 8 finger method on Martha Stewart from Bel. This looks nice in bowls, jars, and baskets.

I am going to go check-out that last coaster you exhibited.

Unknown said...

It looks like I may have missed the Floras in the Pink coaster. I didn't see it. If it is still there, let me know cause I would like to have it.

kj

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Thanks Dinah--well, not really any cooler, but I'm trying not to whine about it so much! :-D lol

Thanks Helen!!

Thanks a lot sunny kristi--and thanks for stopping by!

Jenn, there will be a test at the end of the week! ;-O

Heidijayhawk--I haven't even shown the TRIM, lol!!! That's a whole 'nother can of worms!

Thanks June! Sounds like you're going to have to start sleeping with one eye open! lol

Thanks Tricia--they are pretty easy to find, at least around here. Good luck!

KJ--pictures girl, pictures!! I'll be looking for pics in your blog! I sold the Flora coaster already--but I will make another one for you. I'll let you know when it's done!

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

love the jewelry box idea - great way to reuse an item! your new coasters are adorable ...

yours truly said...

So many gorgeous colors! Good ideas!

Unknown said...

YES! A thousand times, YES! I received my Mrs. Kwitty Pretty today! Oh, my... This pink floral coaster truly is more charming than the photo could ever do it justice! I love it, love it, love it! And, before my mail even came, I was online this morning looking for the Flora coaster. When it wasn't available, Mrs. Kwitty just whipped one up for me! Voila! And, the packaging is so very pretty with personal stamped touches and a lovely matching clothespin magnet inside! Can you feel my happiness?

kj

Unknown said...

Uno mas... My Mac is in the shop, but when I get it back (gotta fork up some big bucks) I will be photographing my new items for my blog. And, I am working on a mug shot!

kj

Blog Widget by LinkWithin