Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's New??

Oh my--back to school is coming up quick!! I had to take the kids to their registration day this week. I can't believe my little baby will be going to high school this year. She is really playing it cool, but she seemed a little nervous when I pulled up in front of our 100 + year old high school--it really is an imposing building! They are just growing up so dang fast, I can't take it!


I feel so bad for Misty, she is really starting to get antsy from being laid up with that leg of hers--the doctor told her this week that it will still be at least a couple more weeks before she can start walking on it, and she was REALLY disappointed. I've been trying to spend more time upstairs with her instead of being down in my craftroom, so she doesn't get so lonesome! Therefore---lots of embroidery getting done, LOL. I get up early in the morning (before Misty is awake) and run down to my craftroom to sew up projects with the embroideries I have finished up while upstairs. Here are the new items I've gotten listed over the past several days.





Here's a new bagkeeper, Happy as a Lark. I made with this cute as heck singing Lark--a vintage Vogart pattern. The bagkeeper is a nice big one, and fully lined with a nice pink cotton. Peek in at my Etsy shop if you want a closer peek at the fun fabrics I used on this one. I sold my other little mouse bag--so I decided to do one up with another of the cute mice in that pattern line-- this pretty little mouse. Little Miss Emma, busy with her laundry on Tuesdays--carefully starching and pressing her favorite vintage embroidered linens! Decorative stitching and even a pretty daisy trim dress this one up very nicely.I've had so much fun making these little coasters--and I found some more of the red/white polka dot fabric in my stash--so I did up some of them in this aqua/red theme. Don't you love that pretty aqua rick rack? It was a gift from the sweet-as-pie Miss Bufforfington aka Dinah. Really, I just have the NICEST blog friends in the world! Thanks so much Dinah, it's gorgeous and totally made this project!And last, but not least, I did up this adorable little bluebird and turned it into the cutest little drawstring bag. I love the fabric on this--it reminds me of Grandma's favorite apron. I call this one Twitter Tweet.

16 comments:

Betty said...

You've been busy. I'm working on something for you. I have some embroidery transfers that I am going to send to you as I am either too lazy or too blind to embroider any more. LOL

Junie Moon said...

Poor Misty, it's hard to be incapacitated like this.

Your embroidery projects are so cute--I love all the fresh and cute ideas you come up with.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oooh Betty!! Thanks. Umm, I don't think that lazy describes you at all..how about just busy with other projects?!! lol

Thanks June!!

Joni said...

OH you have got some super cute things Karen. You teaching Misty to embroider yet??

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I just love vintage bird embroideries! Hope your Misty's leg gets well soon!!!

Krazy Kate Designs said...

love the bag keeper!

Vintage Indie said...

What a sweet momma!

I love the color combo on that red and aqua coaster it's darling!

Anonymous said...

My goodness- those little birdies are way too cute! I have a weakness for vintage birds in general and blue ones in particular!

Heidijayhawk said...

the bird coaster? shut up that is too cute! such a talented gal you are! and what a huge step with a gal in highschool!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

That's just adorable. I have to tell you I just love the look of your cottage blog! The colors and theme are fabulous. :)

Sara Millis said...

Some very cute things! I don't know where you get the time... Sara x

Amy said...

I love your embroidery things you do. I find embroidery is very relaxing. Sometimes I truly lose track of all time when I put needle to cloth. I find that listening to my favorite music while I stitch brings a flood of memories...you know the
"music" = "life events" connection?! I am sorry to hear the healing process for her is going slowly; I'm sure you are a great healing companion!!
Amy

Home ec new Haven said...

I was wondering how you were getting all of that stitching done. The poor girl, but she's lucky to have you and your work is so beautiful!
I dropped my baby at high school this week too...... I need a tissue, I'll be right back..... OK, I'm better now.
They do grow up so fast!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I love your embroidered items. I just picked up some gorgeous vintage pillow cases this weekend with the most amazing embroidery on them.
Your Little Blue Millie Coaster is on the front page of etsy right now. Not sure what time zone you're in, so I'll get a screen capture for you in case you miss it and would like to see it!

LazyTcrochet said...

I'm allowed to be lazy......but I'm not. You sure have been busy! Glad you had a good vacation.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

oh my gosh - I love the Tuesday mouse! He reminds me of the stitching that my aunt used to do while she was showing me how to embroider (many moons ago!) I haven't seen something like that in ages - and your work is wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin