Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Vacation!

Every year we go up to the cabin around the middle of August--it's my birthday present! The best thing I can get for my birthday is a little rest and relaxation--oh and fishing, swimming, campfires, hot dogs over fire, smores, horseshoes, and happy un-bored kids! Yeah! I'm bringing a book, I'm so excited! I've been wanting to lie around a read a book for such a long time now, but just haven't been able to fit it in. I'm gonna blow up a big floaty, put on some sunscreen, and hit the lake with my book. Ahhhh.

But, we have a busy day today! Linds and I will be cooking our little buns off. I don't like to have to do too much work while we are there so we pretty much get everything made ahead of time so all the food is just grab and eat or heat and eat. Let's see....potato salad, tuna salad, strawberry whipped jello, a couple sandwich spreads, crockpot full of sloppy joes, veggie tray and dip, big bowl of fresh fruit, green salad all washed and spun, devilled eggs, cake---sounds good huh?!! Two of my brother's and their families will be joining us up there on Saturday and Sunday--and we have both of our kids and they each get to bring a friend--so I have to feed lots of people (and half of them are teenagers!). It's gonna be so fun! yeah!

Misty's leg is healing nicely but she still cannot put any weight on it. She has osteoporosis-at age 21! So her healing is moving along slowly.

Not too much time for crafting, but I have managed to finish a couple embroideries--MICE! So cute. I love vintage Aunt Martha's!! They've been turned into a couple of pouches: A bigger one that is done up to the nines in old-fashioned cuteness. This is a pretty good size bag, approx. 16" x 11", with lots of fun details. It's been listed in my shop.

Then I did up this little padded camera pouch. I added a little color to this embroidery--just for fun! This one measures in at around 7 1/2" x 4 1/4", and is padded with a natural cotton batting to protect your camera or other gadgets from bumps. It is also listed in my Etsy shop.

I'm still open for business today and any orders that are completed before 9:00 a.m. tomorrow (August 16) morning will be sent out before we leave. All orders that are placed while we are gone will be packed and mailed out on Tuesday morning (August 20).

Have fun and I'll see you when I get back!

17 comments:

Dinah said...

That food and that weekend sound like so much fun! Can I go?

Joni said...

YUM save some of that food for me please!

bencandance said...

The lake trip sounds soooooooo nice. Jealous!

Your little mouse bags are absolutely adorable. Love them!



http://bencandance.blogspot.com/

Jenn Maruska said...

Can I go, too?? That sounds like alot of fun!

The mouse bags are very nice - I esp. like the camera bag mouse, he's adorable!

Happy Birthday! : )

Heidijayhawk said...

that is just too cute for words! hope you all have fun on vacation!

Jodi Ohl said...

Sounds like an awesome vacation, I hope you all enjoy it. I have yet to read a book this summer. Shame shame on me!

Love the cutesy bags, they look so fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS MOUSE!!! Do go by and check out one of latest entries! It's devoted to you! And, even check out one of the comments. The photo isn't quite as good as I wanted. I'm still learning how to use this digital camera.

I hope that you have a relaxing little trip!

xoxo, kj

Unknown said...

Did you notice, too, that someone posted that they were going to visit your store? Pretty good, eh?

kj

Betty said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That sounds really nice...food,family and a cabin!!! I'm thoroughly jealous. Yes I am.

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

ohhhh - I'm so hungry after reading your yummy list! Have a great time and happy birthday - love the mouse bags :)

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Oh, can I come???????????Leasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Uh, You know that Im serious right? We just got hailed on & hurricaned on!LOL! Have a blast!

Amy said...

Love your bags!! Have a great time. I'll miss reading you.
Amy

iSew said...

Have a great time Misses Kwitty. I'm terrible at relaxing, a cabin might do it though.

Those bags are so cute. I love the gadget bag, hehe

said...

Quick question: I bought 2 coasters from your Etsy shop and I was wondering if they're washable and if so, how should I launder them?

They're so cute! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a marvelous time! Love the bags.
beeblecat (Joyce)

LazyTcrochet said...

Hey Happy Birthday! Hope you're having a great time on vacation!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin